Exercising can be such a drag but the benefits for your body are always overwhelmingly positive. As plus size ladies, gyms aren’t always full-figure friendly and too often we’re left looking for at home workouts that will help us keep our curves in check without the heart-pounding hassle of public cardio classes. Thankfully, there are plenty of simple exercises that we can do outside of the gym that can lead to big payoffs when trying to keep those thighs thick and those waists slim.
5 Exercises Every Plus Size Girl Should Try
- Live that Yoga life- Yoga is hands down (Pun absolutely intended) one of the best exercises to try if you’re looking for a great stress reliever in the comfort of your own living room. In the long run, it can improve your balance and range of motion and allows for simple modifications to its moves to become plus friendly.
- Dance the night away- Dancing is one of the easiest and most fun exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home. There’s no right or wrong way to dance so just close the curtains, bump that beat and start tapping your feet.
- Just Keep Swimming- Swimming is such a great low impact exercise for people who have bad joints. If you’re lucky enough to have a backyard pool or a local community center early mornings are a great time to get out of the gym and try a before work swim.
- Walk it off- Walking is the perfect way to stay healthy while not hitting the gym on hard mode. There’s no pressure to keep pace, you can do it right around your own neighborhood (or even indoors if you’re shy) and once you feel comfortable you can invite your friends and neighbors along and make it a weekday ritual.
- Box it up- For those that like a little more aggression with their work out, boxing is a perfect outlet. There is something truly cathartic about beating the business out of a bag after having a bad day at work. There are plenty of at home bags that you can set up in your garage or basement or you can opt for a virtual experience like wii boxing which while not providing the same experience as a full bag, will still keep you on your toes with cardio and off your bottom on the couch.